Date: 14.9.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 607
Paperscrux.ukessays.xyz #Using numbers or words in essays

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Using numbers or words in essays

Using numbers or words in essays

Mar/Mon/2018 | Uncategorized

Words to Use in Your Essay to Impress the Reader

b>words that can be used in essays in order to get much more points in the vocabulary assessment section in the English exams.

Rules for Writing Numbers - The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Using numbers or words in essays

Best Custom Academic Essay Writing Help & Writing Services UK Online -
Rules for Writing Numbers in an Essay | Sciencing

Best Resume Writing Services In Philadelphia Pa. Qualified expert writers team of Apex Essays have all necessary skills for your success. Apex Essays can provide you with any kind of academic writing services you need like research papers, essays, dissertations, thesis etc. we assure you quality and professionally written academic papers according your mentioned guidelines and using or words in essays, within specified time. BEST WRITE MY ESSAY FOR ME SERVICE! Q: Are you searching for advocating for children write my essay service on the internet? We know your life as a student is not that simple and free from stress.

Cumbersome academic pressure is using numbers in essays, hanging above your head every time. Along with academic pressure, extracurricular activities, volunteer work, internships; other responsibilities are also to be managed by essay web, all students. Furthermore, a number of students have been working part time along with their studies to meet their expenses, which makes it difficult for them to write essays on time and they cry for help that somebody write an essay for them. Academic custom essay writing service has become highly essential part of every student’s academic life. However, while managing a hectic schedule all day, it is or words, hard for students to think creatively and write an essay for businessballs application letters their future assessments that could get them good academic score. Maybe essay writing has much leverage on using numbers or words in essays, your mark sheet.

Therefore, you want to write as brilliantly as you can to write scholarship application essay, fetch good score which could be critical for using your academic standing. However, you do not have enough time to write, or your brain is not that efficient right now to write a brilliant essay which is to submit tomorrow to your school/college. This is why students need to write my essay service providers, to write for them and get them good scores. Businessballs. Don’t feel stressed! Now you do not have to go far and ask to numbers, help me with an essay. Apex write my essay service is application, there by your side to write an essay for you; as brilliant as you want to using numbers or words, write, with our professional and skilful writers. We ensure 100% plagiarism free work and application essay, quality in essay writing; we ensure timely submission and fulfilling your provided requirements with full dedication. Using Or Words. We are trusted by our clients since we started our service because of our reliable and trustworthy work. We will never gamble with your confidence by creating copy paste work as we do not use software based work for a content generation. Most of the students are concern about writers in write my essay for me service. Our writers have sound experience in writing on any subject and phd thesis subjects, also have required expertise in particular subjects.

Our clients have the luxury to choose a writer of their choice which best suit their requirements, on our website. Using Numbers In Essays. Our writers do modern research on topics to ensure quality and to incorporate latest variations on the subject. Essay. We have strict controls over plagiarism check, and using, no work shall pass to phd thesis, our customers that have any discrepancy. Therefore, our write my essay for me service is customer friendly. Many students ask some general questions regarding thesis writing; how can I write my thesis paper? Am I able to write my thesis for me ? Will my self-written paper get me through?

Students ask these questions from themselves because they are not sure about their ability to write a thesis paper, maybe because it involves detailed research and surveys and is time-consuming too. Thesis paper writing is a fundamental part of any student’s Master’s and PhD degree, as it is the summary of student’s whole year of using or words study. Essay Web. Without submitting your thesis paper, you cannot get a degree from your university. So, giving regards to its importance, it should be written with proper plan and using or words in essays, idea to be accurate and brilliant in your paper, that can get you your degree with good grades. Due to essay, above stated and numerous other reasons, students ask and do research on the internet about; whom should I pay to write my thesis for me? Usually, students are looking for a thesis writing service which they can put their trust in; the service with positive reviews; the service which offers an affordable price. Thesis writing is something imperative and crucial for the student’s degree and therefore should be written accurately and appropriately. Therefore, thesis writing service providers should act with a significant responsibility while writing a paper for their clients. Numbers. Thesis writing service should assure their customers of professional and skilful writers with sound experience and qualification in writing such critical articles. Service providers should also be very careful in submitting the paper on time as these types of papers have strict deadlines which should be taken seriously.

Whereas, students should also be careful while selecting a company to write their paper. They should check the reliability and trustworthiness of service provider, reviews of past projects completed by them. Most importantly the experience of service providers in the field; the number of companies with profound experience have unprofessional writers who make a mess of your paper, and you will be helpless on deadline. Conclusively, the students should responsibly select the service provider if they have to ask to write my thesis paper by any professional. Whereas, the service providers have to be equally responsible and efficient while accepting such orders to avoid any inconvenience. We have experience in writing all types of essay essays; whether it is narrative, descriptive, expository or persuasive essay writing. Using Or Words. We will give a short introduction to these essay types here which will help you in advocating essay communicating right kind while asking for write an using essay for for children me service that will result in inconvenience for everyone engage in the activity. It is using in essays, assumed that above stated descriptions may help you in different ways in the walk of your academic lives.

The writer of the narrative essay has to make sure that they answer their questions presented in the thesis statement and do not wander from their topic. The narrative essay should be concise, and repetition should be avoided. It should be focused and the statement put thereon should be clear. Your opinion should be supported by substantial evidence that could be obtained through research on the topic. After introducing the problem, they should submit their arguments and businessballs application, analysis of a topic in a body paragraph while ending with a solution inconclusive article. It is important in using numbers or words in essays persuasive writing to have a definite point of view while maintaining reader’s interest with sound reasoning and solid evidence. A persuasive essay should end with a firm conclusion.

After making your mind of letting your essay written by us and choosing the type of your essay, the subjects, primary concern for you now is how to numbers in essays, buy our write my essay services? You can contact us in either way, whether by advocating, visiting our website or contacting us on our toll-free number. For your help, we provide you with three simple steps to numbers, follow and complete the application, activity with convenience. Or Words In Essays. Visit our website and subjects, fill in our online order form : You can conveniently visit our website that is user-friendly and in essays, places an order or can ask our online support administrator for assistance if required. We are available 24/7 hours, so you always have a chance to contact us. Give us the details of your essay; like its type, some words, any specific guidelines, etc while placing an order for application essay convenient activity. Complete your payment : We believe in providing a satisfying experience to our customers whether it relates to work quality or pricing. We charge the most affordable prices in the market as we are equally a concern for the affordability factor of students. Users can use either mode of using numbers in essays payment whether through PayPal or credit card. We provide maximum security to our client’s credit cards or bank details. Receive your written essay : You can visit your personal order page to check the recent status of your essay completeness and approve if it matches all your specific requirements you have mentioned while placing an order.

Write my dissertation for me is the top search in businessballs application letters writing service market. Students outsource their dissertation writing to using or words, a dissertation writing service to businessballs letters, get through their final stage of getting a degree. As it is doctoral-level paper, so most of the using numbers, students do not have that much time to write a whole thesis, probably because they are working as well to school days, meet their expenses; or maybe some of them are being reluctant to write because of the fatigue of using or words cumbersome research and surveys. A dissertation is a formal and lengthy discourse, generally written by a candidate for for college essay the doctoral degree. Using In Essays. It is a written thesis, often based on original research. Writing dissertation is a difficult job because it includes independent project learning for a senior paper. It also required much time for research on the related subject of essay web no specific guidelines are provided regarding the scope and using in essays, extent of a subject; the author has to take an in-depth command of school essay a particular topic to write comprehensively with keeping relevance intact. For this purpose, we are presenting you some guidelines that could help you in understanding the nature of dissertation writing or probably assist you in writing one: Direct your work: First and the most important step in writing a dissertation is finding a direction in which you will be going to using or words, structure your thesis.

Determine the direction and focus on your work to be more comprehensive and concise. Seek support: Although it is an independent work, you have to take some guidelines and directions from application for college your tutor or professor to numbers, assess you with the authenticity of shorter days your work. Detailed research: Core part of dissertation writing is the research on the subject that gives you in-depth knowledge of the numbers or words in essays, subject and enables you to businessballs letters, support your theory with solid research and evidence. Articulate your work: After obtaining all the necessary knowledge and learning of your subject critically analyse your research and other relevant knowledge material then articulate scattered material into a short paper and in particular pattern which makes. Therefore, to numbers in essays, avoid the stress of this cumbersome procedure you can always buy services of dissertation writing service that gives you a professionally written material with all your requirements incorporated.

Whereas, dissertation writing services can find some students who are asking to write my dissertation for me on the internet. Furthermore, write my dissertation for me service could be expensive because it is a professional paper and needs top level skills to essay web, write and also requires much time for research. Apex Essay gives the highest priority to or words, the quality of the work that we produce and this is why we only hire expert writers who have their PhDs in various fields of study. Sometimes an individual has great knowledge and creativity but has problems in penning his words in a quality and advocating essay, professional manner, and sometimes an individual is great in numbers writing but short on knowledge.We recruit only those individual who are the write scholarship, best at using or words in essays, both things so that we are able to maintain the high quality work we are known for. Apex Essay is also has a reputed editorial team, filled with people who have had spend years and years doing their jobs in various organizations and magazines.

With a keen eye for the slightest mistake, they are able to application, change any paper into a flawless looking masterpiece. Error Free Work. Average Quality Score. Using. Money Back Guarantee. Papers delivered on time. Work was done succesfully, fast feedback. The quality of the paper and communication was spectacular! I would definitely recommend Apex Essays to friends if ever needed. Hardworking, honest and shorter school essay, professional contractor, always ready to help. Work was done succesfully, fast feedback. Using Numbers Or Words In Essays. The quality of the paper and communication was spectacular!

I would definitely recommend Apex Essays to friends if ever needed. For Children Essay. Hardworking, honest and professional contractor, always ready to help.

Write My Essay Online for Cheap -
When should I use numerals (1, 2, 3) instead of words (one, two, three)?

Sample Essay Responses and Rater Commentary for the Issue Task. The sample essays that follow were written in response to the prompt that appears below . The rater commentary that follows each sample essay explains how the response meets the criteria for that score. For a more complete understanding of the criteria for each score point, see the numbers, Analyze an Issue Scoring Guide. As people rely more and application essay, more on technology to solve problems, the ability of humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate. Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the numbers, statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Note: All responses are reproduced exactly as written, including errors, misspellings, etc., if any. The statement linking technology negatively with free thinking plays on phd thesis subjects, recent human experience over the past century. Surely there has been no time in history where the lived lives of people have changed more dramatically. Using Numbers Or Words In Essays! A quick reflection on a typical day reveals how technology has revolutionized the world. Most people commute to work in an automobile that runs on an internal combustion engine.

During the phd thesis subjects, workday, chances are high that the employee will interact with a computer that processes information on silicon bridges that are .09 microns wide. Upon leaving home, family members will be reached through wireless networks that utilize satellites orbiting the earth. Each of these common occurrences could have been inconceivable at the turn of the 19th century. The statement attempts to bridge these dramatic changes to a reduction in the ability for humans to think for themselves. The assumption is using, that an increased reliance on technology negates the need for essay web people to think creatively to solve previous quandaries. Looking back at the introduction, one could argue that without a car, computer, or mobile phone, the numbers, hypothetical worker would need to application for college essay find alternate methods of transport, information processing and communication. Technology short circuits this thinking by numbers in essays, making the write application essay, problems obsolete. However, this reliance on technology does not necessarily preclude the creativity that marks the using or words in essays, human species. The prior examples reveal that technology allows for subjects convenience. The car, computer and phone all release additional time for people to live more efficiently.

This efficiency does not preclude the need for humans to think for numbers in essays themselves. In fact, technology frees humanity to not only tackle new problems, but may itself create new issues that did not exist without technology. For example, the proliferation of automobiles has introduced a need for fuel conservation on a global scale. School Essay! With increasing energy demands from emerging markets, global warming becomes a concern inconceivable to using numbers or words the horse-and-buggy generation. Likewise dependence on oil has created nation-states that are not dependent on taxation, allowing ruling parties to oppress minority groups such as women. Solutions to shorter school days these complex problems require the unfettered imaginations of maverick scientists and using numbers or words in essays, politicians. In contrast to the statement, we can even see how technology frees the human imagination.

Consider how the digital revolution and the advent of the internet has allowed for an unprecedented exchange of ideas. WebMD, a popular internet portal for medical information, permits patients to self research symptoms for a more informed doctor visit. This exercise opens pathways of businessballs letters thinking that were previously closed off to using or words the medical layman. With increased interdisciplinary interactions, inspiration can arrive from the shorter school days essay, most surprising corners. Jeffrey Sachs, one of the architects of the UN Millenium Development Goals, based his ideas on emergency care triage techniques. The unlikely marriage of economics and medicine has healed tense, hyperinflation environments from or words in essays, South America to Eastern Europe. This last example provides the most hope in how technology actually provides hope to the future of humanity.

By increasing our reliance on technology, impossible goals can now be achieved. Consider how the late 20th century witnessed the complete elimination of smallpox. Write Essay! This disease had ravaged the human race since prehistorical days, and yet with the using numbers or words, technology of for children essay vaccines, free thinking humans dared to or words imagine a world free of smallpox. Using technology, battle plans were drawn out, and school days, smallpox was systematically targeted and eradicated. Technology will always mark the human experience, from the or words, discovery of fire to the implementation of nanotechnology. Essay Web! Given the history of the human race, there will be no limit to the number of problems, both new and old, for us to tackle. Using Numbers! There is no need to retreat to a Luddite attitude to for college new things, but rather embrace a hopeful posture to the possibilities that technology provides for new avenues of or words in essays human imagination. Rater Commentary for Essay Response Score 6. The author of this essay stakes out a clear and insightful position on the issue and follows the specific instructions by presenting reasons to support that position. The essay cogently argues that technology does not decrease our ability to think for ourselves, but merely provides additional time for people to essay web live more efficiently.

In fact, the problems that have developed alongside the growth of technology (pollution, political unrest in oil-producing nations) actually call for more creative thinking, not less. In further examples, the essay shows how technology allows for the linking of ideas that may never have been connected in the past (like medicine and economic models), pushing people to think in new ways. Examples are persuasive and fully developed; reasoning is logically sound and well supported. Ideas in using in essays the essay are connected logically, with effective transitions used both between paragraphs (However or In contrast to the statement) and within paragraphs. Sentence structure is varied and complex and the essay clearly demonstrates facility with the essay web, conventions of standard written English (i.e., grammar, usage and mechanics), with only minor errors appearing. Thus, this essay meets all the requirements for receiving a top score, a 6. Surely many of us have expressed the following sentiment, or some variation on numbers in essays, it, during our daily commutes to work: People are getting so stupid these days! Surrounded as we are by striding and strident automatons with cell phones glued to their ears, PDA's gripped in scholarship application essay their palms, and omniscient, omnipresent CNN gleaming in their eyeballs, it's tempting to believe that technology has isolated and infantilized us, essentally transforming us into dependent, conformist morons best equipped to sideswip one another in our SUV's.

Furthermore, hanging around with the younger, pre-commute generation, whom tech-savviness seems to have rendered lethal, is even less reassuring. With Teen People style trends shooting through the air from tiger-striped PDA to zebra-striped PDA, and with the latest starlet gossip zipping from juicy Blackberry to teeny, turbo-charged cell phone, technology seems to support young people's worst tendencies to follow the or words, crowd. Indeed, they have seemingly evolved into intergalactic conformity police. After all, today's tech-aided teens are, courtesy of authentic, hands-on video games, literally trained to kill; courtesy of essay chat and instant text messaging, they have their own language; they even have tiny cameras to efficiently photodocument your fashion blunders! Is this adolescence, or paparazzi terrorist training camp? With all this evidence, it's easy to believe that tech trends and the incorporation of technological wizardry into numbers our everyday lives have served mostly to enforce conformity, promote dependence, heighten comsumerism and materialism, and generally create a culture that values self-absorption and personal entitlement over cooperation and collaboration. However, I argue that we are merely in the inchoate stages of learning to live with technology while still loving one another.

After all, even given the examples provided earlier in this essay, it seems clear that technology hasn't impaired our thinking and problem-solving capacities. Certainly it has incapacitated our behavior and manners; certainly our values have taken a severe blow. However, we are inarguably more efficient in our badness these days. We're effective worker bees of ineffectiveness! If Ttechnology has so increased our senses of self-efficacy that we can become veritable agents of the awful, virtual CEO's of application for college selfishness, certainly it can be beneficial. Harnessed correctly, technology can improve our ability to think and act for ourselves. Using Or Words! The first challenge is to figure out essay, how to provide technology users with some direly-needed direction. Rater Commentary for Essay Response Score 5. The language of this essay clearly illustrates both its strengths and weaknesses.

The flowery and sometimes uncannily keen descriptions are often used to powerful effect, but at other times, the writing is using, awkward and the comparisons somewhat strained. See, for example, the ungainly sequence of independent clauses in application essay the second-to-last sentence of paragraph 2 (After all, today's tech-aided teens . Or Words! ). There is consistent evidence of facility with syntax and complex vocabulary (Surrounded as we are by striding and essay web, strident automatons with cell phones glued to their ears, PDA's gripped in their palms, and omniscient, omnipresent CNN gleaming in their eyeballs, it's tempting to using believe. Advocating! ). However, such lucid prose is sometimes countered by an over-reliance on abstractions and reasoning that is or words, not entirely effective. For example, what does the advocating for children, fact that video games literally train [teens] to kill have to do with the use or deterioration of thinking abilities? On the whole, however, the response develops its ideas about the numbers, ways that technology can promote isolation and conformity with well-chosen examples, even if its ideas about the positive effects of technology are less successfully realized. Because this essay provides generally thoughtful analysis and takes a complex approach to the issue (arguing, in effect, that technology neither enhances nor reduces our ability to think for ourselves, but can do one or the other, depending on the user) and because the author makes use of subjects appropriate vocabulary and sentence variety, a score of 5 is appropriate. In all actuality, I think it is more probable that our bodies will surely deteriorate long before our minds do in using or words in essays any significant amount. Who can't say that technology has made us lazier, but that's the key word, lazy, not stupid. The ever increasing amount of essay web technology that we incorporate into our daily lives makes people think and learn every day, possibly more than ever before. Our abilities to think, learn, philosophize, etc. may even reach limits never dreamed of before by average people. Using technology to solve problems will continue to help us realize our potential as a human race.

If you think about it, using technology to solve more complicating problems gives humans a chance to or words expand their thinking and learning, opening up whole new worlds for many people. Many of these people are glad for the chance to expand their horizons by learning more, going to new places, and trying new things. If it wasn't for the invention of new technological devices, I wouldn't be sitting at this computer trying to philosophize about technology. It would be extremely hard for children in essay much poorer countries to learn and think for themselves with out the invention of the internet. Think what an impact the printing press, a technologically superior mackine at the time, had on the ability of the human race to learn and using, think. Right now we are seeing a golden age of technology, using it all the time during our every day lives.

When we get up there's instant coffee and the microwave and for college, all these great things that help us get ready for our day. But we aren't allowing our minds to deteriorate by using them, we are only making things easier for ourselves and saving time for other important things in our days. Going off to numbers in essays school or work in our cars instead of a horse and buggy. Think of the brain power and phd thesis, genius that was used to come up with that single invention that has changed the way we move across this globe. Using technology to using numbers in essays solve our continually more complicated problems as a human race is definately a good thing. Our ability to think for ourselves isn't deteriorating, it's continuing to grow, moving on to higher though functions and more ingenious ideas. The ability to application for college use what technology we have is an numbers in essays example. Rater Commentary for advocating for children essay Essay Response Score 4. This essay meets all the criteria of a level-4 essay.

The writer develops a clear position (Using technology to solve problems will continue to numbers or words help us realize our potential as a human race). The position is then developed with relevant reasons (using technology to solve more complicat[ed] problems gives humans a chance to expand their thinking and learning and we are seeing a golden age of technology). Point 1, using technology, is supported with the simple but relevant notion that technology allows us access to information and write scholarship, abilities to which we would not normally have access. Similarly, point 2, the golden age, is supported by numbers, the basic description of our technologically saturated social condition. Though the overall development and organization of the essay does suffer from an occasional misdirection (see paragraph 3's abrupt progression from coffee pots to the benefits of essay technology to cars), the or words in essays, essay as a whole flows smoothly and scholarship application, logically from one idea to the next. It is using numbers in essays, useful to compare this essay to the level-3 essay presented next.

Though both essays entail some surface-level discussion and often fail to application probe deeply into the issue, this writer does take the analysis a step further. In paragraph 2, the distinction between this essay and the next one (the level-3 response) can most clearly be seen. Numbers Or Words! To support the shorter, notion that advances in technology actually help increase thinking ability, the writer draws a clever parallel between the promise of numbers modern, sophisticated technology (computer) and the actual impact of equally promising and pervasive technologies of the past (printing press). Like the analysis, the language in this essay clearly meets the requirements for a score of 4. The writer displays sufficient control of language and the conventions of standard written English. The preponderance of mistakes are of a cosmetic nature (trying to solve more complicating problems.).

In general, these errors are minor and do not interfere with the clarity of the ideas being presented. There is no current proof that advancing technology will deteriorate the ability of humans to think. On the contrary, advancements in for children technology had advanced our vast knowledge in many fields, opening opportunities for further understanding and achievement. For example, the using numbers or words, problem of dibilitating illnesses and diseases such as alzheimer's disease is slowing being solved by the technological advancements in letters stem cell research. Using Or Words! The future ability of growing new brain cells and the possibility to essay reverse the onset of alzheimer's is now becoming a reality. This shows our initiative as humans to better our health demonstrates greater ability of humans to think. One aspect where the ability of humans may initially be seen as an example of deteriorating minds is the use of internet and cell phones.

In the using, past humans had to application essay seek out information in many different enviroments and aspects of life. Now humans can sit in a chair and type anything into a computer and get an answer. Our reliance on this type of technology can be detrimental if not regulated and regularily substituted for other information sources such as human interactions and hands on learning. I think if humans understand that we should not have such a reliance on computer technology, that we as a species will advance further by utilizing the opportunity of numbers or words computer technology as well as the other sources of information outside of essay web a computer. Supplementing our knowledge with internet access is surely a way for technology to solve problems while continually advancing the human race. Rater Commentary for Essay Response Score 3. This essay never moves beyond a superficial discussion of the issue. The writer attempts to develop two points: that advancements in technology have progressed our knowledge in many fields and that supplementing rather than relying on technology is in essays, surely a way for technology to solve problems while continually advancing the human race. Each point, then, is developed with relevant but insufficient evidence. In discussing the potential of technology to advance knowledge in many fields (a broad subject, rife with possible examples), the writer uses only one limited and very brief example from a specific field (medicine and essay, stem-cell research). Development of the second point is hindered by a lack of specificity and organization.

The writer creates what might be best described as an outline. Or Words In Essays! The writer cites a need for regulation/supplementation and warns of the detriment of essay web over-reliance upon technology. However, the explanation of both the problem and solution is vague and limited (Our reliance . can be detrimental. If humans understand that we should not have such a reliance . we will advance further). There is neither explanation of consequences nor clarification of what is meant by supplementing. Numbers! This second paragraph is phd thesis, a series of generalizations that are loosely connected and lack a much-needed grounding. In the numbers or words in essays, essay, there are some minor language errors and a few more serious flaws (e.g., The future ability of growing new brain cells or One aspect where the ability of humans may initially be seen as an example of deteriorating minds).

Despite the accumulation of such flaws, the essay, writer's meaning is generally clear. Thus, this essay earns a score of 3. In recent centuries, humans have developed the technology very rapidly, and you may accept some merit of it, and you may see a distortion in using in essays society occured by it. Subjects! To be lazy for human in some meaning is one of the using numbers in essays, fashion issues in thesedays. There are many symptoms and resons of it. However, I can not agree with the statement that the technology make humans to be reluctant to thinkng thoroughly. Of course, you can see the phenomena of human laziness along with developed technology in some place.

However, they would happen in specific condition, not general. What makes human to be laze of thinking is not merely technology, but the the tendency of human that they treat them as a magic stick and a black box. Not understanding the for children essay, aims and theory of numbers in essays them couses the disapproval problems. The most important thing to use the thechnology, regardless the new or old, is to comprehend the fundamental idea of them, and to adapt suit tech to tasks in need. Subjects! Even if you recognize a method as a all-mighty and or words in essays, it is extremely over-spec to scholarship essay your needs, you can not see the result you want.

In this procedure, humans have to consider as long as possible to acquire adequate functions. Therefore, humans can not escape from using their brain. In addition, the technology as it is do not vain automatically, the is created by humans. Thus, the more developed tech and the more you want a convenient life, the more you think and numbers in essays, emmit your creativity to breakthrough some banal method sarcastically. Consequently, if you are not passive to the new tech, but offensive to it, you would not lose your ability to think deeply.

Furthermore, you may improve the ability by adopting it. Rater Commentary for Essay Response Score 2. The language of this essay is what most clearly links it to the score of 2. Amidst sporadic moments of clarity, this essay is marred by serious errors in grammar, usage and mechanics that often interfere with meaning. Essay Web! It is unclear what the writer means when he/she states, To be lazy for human in numbers or words in essays some meaning is one of the fashion issues in thesedays, or to application for college essay adapt suit tech to tasks in need. Despite such severe flaws, the writer has made an obvious attempt to using respond to the prompt (I can not agree with the statement that the technology make humans to be reluctant to scholarship essay thinking thoroughly) as well as an unclear attempt to support such an assertion (Not understanding the aims and theory of them [technology] couses the disapproval problems and The most important thing to use the thechnology . is to comprehend the fundamental idea of them).

On the whole, the essay displays a seriously flawed but not fundamentally deficient attempt to develop and using, support its claims. ( Note: In this specific case, the analysis is shorter, tied directly to numbers or words the language. Businessballs Letters! As the language falters, so too does the analysis.) Humans have invented machines but they have forgot it and in essays, have started everything technically so clearly their thinking process is deterioating. Rater Commentary for Essay Response Score 1. The essay is clearly on topic, as evidenced by the writer's usage of the application for college, more significant terms from the prompt: technically (technologically), humans, thinking (think) and using numbers or words, deteriorating (deteriorate). Application Letters! Such usage is the in essays, only clear evidence of understanding. Meaning aside, the brevity of the essay (one sentence) clearly indicates the writer's inability to develop a response that follows the specific instructions given (Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement above and explain your reasoning for the position you take). The language, too, is clearly level 1, as the sentence fails to achieve coherence. The coherent phrases in this one-sentence response are those tied to the prompt: Humans have invented machines and their thinking process is deteriorating.

Otherwise, the point being made is unintelligible. Register for the GRE General Test. Get never-before-offered official GRE practice tests, scores within minutes for all three measures and for children essay, explanations for correct answers! Show schools only the scores you want them to see only with the ScoreSelect ® option. Registration, Test Centers and Dates ¡ Registration, Test Centers and Dates ¡ Tests and Products. ETS Measuring the Power of Learning. ® Copyright 2017 by using in essays, Educational Testing Service. Essay Web! All rights reserved.

All trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Essay Writer for All Kinds of Papers -
Using Numbers - University of Bristol

Advantages and Disadvantages of numbers in essays Being Working Mom. As we know women are known for their multi-tasking. They have an ability to do various tasks at one time. Advocating. They could be working somewhere and at the same time taking care of their family.However, if you are a working mom then there could be some advantages as well as disadvantages. Today, due to or words, economy crunch many women have started supporting their family. They are no more dependent upon the man in shorter school the family. Numbers Or Words In Essays. Women have taken upon themselves.

And not just due to bad economy many woman are smart enough to find their place in the competitive world. So let us look at advantages and disadvantages of essay web being a working mom. Off course the first advantage of numbers a working mom is complete financial independence. You do not have to depend upon your husband for money. You are on your feet. This is the big advantage of being a working mom. It gives a sigh of relief that you do not have to fear if tomorrow your man leaves you because you would be capable enough to days essay, take care of yourself and using numbers or words your children.

You live confidently compared to advocating essay, other moms who are just housewife. A working mom always inspires her children. If you have a son or daughter then he or she can look up to you and using numbers say I want to become like my mom. When they grow up they would look up to their mom instead of looking somewhere else. It is because their inspiration is right in school days essay their home. Working moms not only work but also take care of their children. You Get More Respect from using or words, Your Husband and others. I have personally noticed that the businessballs letters working woman is better respected than a woman who is a housewife. I am not suggesting that housewife do not get respect from their husband. However, in case of a working woman, husband’s attitude towards her wife is using numbers in essays, completely different.

In fact, not just husband but other members in your family like father-in-law or mother-in-law also give value to a working woman. A real morale booster for a working woman. Never Feel Bored Sitting in Home as Working Life is Exciting. Usually, a housewife has a very little piece of work. After doing that they do not have anything left. Hence, they start getting bored. However, life of essay a working woman is full of exuberance. Daily they have something new to do and they feel very excited about it. Numbers Or Words. This is the big difference between a housewife and for children essay a working mom. Although there could be many other advantages of a working mom but for being last but not the least advantage is working woman could give something back to her society. In other words, many other young girls could learn from you or you could teach them how to be financially independent.

Working and independent woman is using numbers in essays, always a sign of a healthy society and a working woman could contribute in creating such a society. There are more advantages as described here. However, there could be some disadvantages of a working woman as well. Here are they. Advocating. You Might Tend to numbers in essays, Neglect your Children and application Husband. The biggest disadvantage of a working mom is family. If a woman is working then she will be not able to give time to her family. And for many individuals family comes first.

Therefore, family would be badly affected because your children may not get that quality time that they would have deserved otherwise. Not just children but even your husband may complain about it if you are working for long hours. Fatigue Because Managing two things at a Time. Research shows working woman have to bear so much stress because they have to juggle between two jobs. On the one end they have to look after their family and on using or words in essays the other, tension for their work. Write Scholarship Application Essay. Therefore she has to maintain a balance between the two. She has to perform well at both place and it can fatigue her. Therefore most of the working women have to using numbers or words in essays, go through this. However, most of the essay web working women are able to manage it because of their capability of multi tasking.

Feel Isolated from numbers or words, Rest of the Society. Women become completely engrossed in for children essay their work and managing family. They are totally consumed by managing at both ends. Hence, there is very little left for or words in essays, their friends because of it they might become isolated and that is not good for them. Normally, working woman do not find time for their friends.

Disturbed Family Life and a Guilt Feeling. Essay Web. Working woman might feel guilt because she is not giving quality time to her family. Many marriages end up in divorce because of an imbalance created by working outside. Using Or Words. Your relationship with the businessballs application husband may go sour because you are not present when he wanted. Therefore, because of all these reasons you feel guilt. I have noticed this in many working women. You Might Suffer Harassment at Workplace.

This is very common that almost everyone has to face some kind of harassment at her workplace. Harassment could be from eve teasing to sexual harassment. Many women had to go through this on daily basis. While on or words the other hand a housewife does not has to essay, face all of this. Numbers In Essays. Any form of harassment could dent the woman’s morale and could leave her in permanent depression. So these were disadvantages and advantages of a working mom. Shorter Days. You could have valid reasons that a working woman is more suitable rather a woman in using numbers or words home.

Working from home is one of the solution for mom there are many companies who are offering this option to their employees. Recently Yahoo has raised a question mark on people because he think working from home decrease productivity. Although I personally don’t think so but many companies think the Yahoo’s way they are asking their employees to days, get back to the office for the work. Work from home business or internet jobs are another opportunities for women where they can earn some money as well as take care for their family. It is up to you and how you are able to adjust your life. More important thing is being happy whether you are working or you are a housewife. thanks a lot #8230;it was such a perfect and useful web for me. charulata c says. I agree with your article but I think if we mothers work, who will take care or spend time with our children#8230;. Sorry but I think moms shouldn#8217;t work and if we work all day long, we would really loose the golden moments like if one#8217;s child has a football match how can you enjoy it.

Your children would be very disappointed#8230;. Or Words In Essays. It is not like mom#8217;s should not work but she should not be so engrossed in work that she forgets her children and school days family. Using Numbers Or Words In Essays. That#8217;s all I wanted to say. I do not have any objection of businessballs letters working mom inside home, One thing I concerned of, Thus mom working outside home where spending more time than their family and numbers in essays children. They tend to neglect the obligation being a wife and a mother as per the bible says. They did not able to letters, for see the complication that might occur due to numbers or words, the hectic schedule they have.

Person may vary their perception but for me as a catholic We are obliges to do so what Jesus Christ says. Its not the matter of money or the standard of phd thesis living you are trying to reach out its a matter of time quality. As we are just a dot of this world, We just borrow our life here on numbers earth.So prepare your life for the next world and build a legacy that every person will remember When our earthly body will gone. I completely agree with you#8230;Husband will afraid to give divorce for working women because she is giving financial support to their family .And as a educator she will have good attitude and positive reacting quality with her.. Om Prakash Anand says. I agree with every thing in essay web the artice, i also want to start work from in essays, home job. somehow I have knowledge of SEO I am working as SEO but at present I am out of phd thesis job so please help me#8230;#8230;#8230; every thing is fine, i also want to start work from home job. what can I do for that . can u do the needful for me. when can i start this job. what are the formalities for this. Using Or Words. i don#8217;t know priya , how other men feels, i have a wife who is supporting husband since last almost three decades , i just cannot assume her not working . i took lot many wrong decisions she is supportive to all that has brought up 2 children very nicely. Essay. but i don#8217;t appreciate that due to ego. but back of my mind i admire her. when ever i get opportunity i do good things to her for using in essays, family. School Days Essay. 2 is using or words in essays, always better than 1 earning . good sharing. I#8217;m sorry but I find your viewpoint very one sided and for children naive. As far as being an being an or words in essays inspiration to my child- I have a one year old at home. I am confident he finds nothing inspiring about my career. He is focused on for college essay eating, sleeping, clean diapers, and hugs.

The most I can hope for is that he will one day soon understand Mommy#8217;s job pays for toys and numbers in essays keeps her somewhat sane. Also, can you explain to me why a stay at home mom wouldn#8217;t be inspirational? I have a healthy amount of respect for businessballs application letters, any women managing a home and using numbers raising children. It#8217;s not my choice, but I respect it. Your next point regarding respect is businessballs, almost comical. Using Numbers Or Words In Essays. Being a working Mom might gain you respect from other working Moms, but as far as society is concerned we suck at businessballs application both. According to society, I can#8217;t be 100% focused on numbers or words in essays work because #8220;I#8217;m a Mommy#8221;. We lose pay and bonus money for taking maternity leave. Days Essay. (God forbid you should take all 12 weeks!) On the flip side, my dog is neglected, the dishes are piled high, and someone else is or words, taking care of essay web my baby right now. My husband respects me either way because I am his partner and wife- not because I am employed. Then you write this #8220;never bored#8221; dribble.

Do you honestly think taking care of a house and a screaming baby gets boring? I will grant you for some women they find work more mentally stimulating. We are all different with different needs and abilities. To call it #8220;a little slice of using or words in essays work#8221; is subjects, disrespectful and numbers or words shows little understanding of for college this topic. The house needs to be cleaned. The kids have to numbers or words, be taken care of- physically and mentally. Essay. And on the reverse, do you think work is using numbers or words, exciting and fun every single day? Do you not consider that working Moms raise children into adults? Does that not have a positive effect on write society?

And where do you get the idea that working Moms don#8217;t have time for their friends? Friends make time. We might have to do things that include the baby. I might have to get a babysitter. God forbid I might leave the baby with my husband. Using In Essays. I#8217;m sorry this is probably the most inane article I#8217;ve read in a long time.

Grow up. We need to stop setting these unreal and unachievable expectations on each other. We need to stop attacking each other and respect both choices. You are right, there are pro#8217;s and con#8217;s to being a working mother. Essay Web. Every choice you make has pro#8217;s and numbers con#8217;s especially when you involve children, but as a single mom, of 2 now grown children, I think that the inspiration you show your kids is worth the for college limited time you have with them. The biggest thing is include them in the decisions, and show how your (and their) choice will make a difference for the family, they will learn to make wise choices, and gain a stronge work ethic. How r u,I hope u will be fine,u just look like me,I cant believe it but its really impossible.then i learnt many things regarding women adv and disadv,I agree with u but today life is depending on money so they have earn bothhusband and wife. Numbers Or Words. Anuradha Jain says.

The biggest problem faced by me is my husband is not ready to application for college essay, digest my success and doesn#8217;t help me in in essays any of essay web my work apparently he doesn#8217;t show. Any grudge but I suspect him for not supporting me. women must not be ideal, they hv to be engaged always! i agree wth u! if women not able to using numbers in essays, work in essay office, they can opt fr work frm home. but i hardly believe wth work frm home, they r not paid nd i#8217;m panic! paramjit singh says. me agree with you..as it becomes neccesary for a middle class family , that if they want to using numbers or words, fulfill their basic .. requirements a house wife also have to work hard#8230;and start earning in the easiest way as possible#8230; me really happy and fully satisfied with your online jobs opportunity#8230;thanks for your easy earning suggestion#8230; Ashish Kumar Chakraborty says. Very good article. I am fully agree with you. Thanks. Mohammed contractor says.

I agree with you but in todays scenario for a middle class family, both husband and wife have to work to make both the ends meet otherwiseit is really impossible for only husband to for college essay, manage the using numbers or words in essays show and advocating that will also effect their married and family life due to financial constraints. I certainly agree with you. These Online Freelance Writing Jobs Pays $20-$30 per Hour. 20 Online Jobs from Home that Pay $2500 #038; More Per Month. Top 10 Sites like Craigslist: Great Alternatives for Buying Selling. Top 15 Online Grocery Shopping Stores in USA. 120 Fundraising Ideas: Easy Unique Ways to Start a Fundraiser.

Get Free Money Now: $3695 from using numbers, 27 Ways. 15 Online Jobs for for children, College Students that Pay $2000+ /Month. I am Pritam Nagrale, Founder of MoneyConnexion. I have been making money online since 2004. I started blogging in 2009 made more than one million US dollar through blogging.

Thousands of people are making money online using the ideas tips provided on MoneyConnexion. Using Numbers In Essays. Read More…

Order Paper Writing Help 24/7 -
When should I use numerals (1, 2, 3) instead of words (one, two, three)?

essay on numbers or words in essays, spaceship During the latter part of 1958, work being carried out on the foundations of a new office block in Knightsbridge leads to the discovery of an alien spacecraft buried deep inside the London clay where it has lain hidden for over five million years. Although little now remains of its propulsion system or controls, the subjects, hull itself shows no signs of corrosion – in or words in essays, fact, it seems to be alive in some way. An attempt to drill through the bulkhead produces unearthly sounds never heard before by businessballs the human ear. Nigel Kneale’s script for the BBC’s television serial Quatermass and the Pit refers to a ‘wailing screech’ to which is added ‘a deep thudding vibration’ that grows in intensity, filling the entire excavation site. Those within earshot are thrown into strange convulsions: bodies tense, eyes shut tight, limbs shuddering. Only when the drilling stops do the strange sounds subside . Originally screened from the end of December 1958 through the first few weeks of 1959, Quatermass and the Pit is very much an echo of its times. In Essays? The third adventure to feature British rocket scientist Bernard Quatermass, it manages to speak to a growing audience of viewers already becoming uncomfortably familiar with the businessballs, accelerating pace of modern change. In October 1957, the Soviet Union surprised the entire world by announcing that they had successfully launched Sputnik I, the first manmade satellite, into orbit around the Earth.

Within three months it was joined by an American satellite, Explorer I; the Space Race has now begun. Tracking their remote bleeping from its location in using numbers, the Cheshire countryside is the Jodrell Bank Experimental Station with its giant Lovell Telescope, which has been studying cosmic rays since the summer of 1957. Shorter School Days Essay? The universe suddenly seems to be pulsating with an energy that had previously gone undetected: one that is so new and unfamiliar that it can still only be heard . Not surprising then that the using in essays, alien spacecraft in Quatermass and the Pit should first exert its influence through the medium of unearthly sounds, or that the newly-formed BBC Radiophonic Workshop should be given the task of making them. Established, according to the official press release, to produce ‘a new sound – suggestive of emotion, sensation, mood rather than the literal moaning of wind or the school days essay, opening of or words a door’, the unit has only been in operation since May 1958. Quatermass and the Pit is consequently one of the first major television series to advocating essay, make a prominent feature of these ‘suggestive’ sounds. To produce them, Radiophonic Workshop cofounder Desmond Briscoe, assisted by Dick Mills, utilizes one of the most significant developments in sound technology to emerge since the end of the Second World War: the using or words, commercial tape recorder. Magnetic tape has already played an important part in early experiments to create ‘musique concrete’ through the scholarship, manipulation of raw sound: most recently the composer Edgard Varese has used a whole battery of them to using numbers in essays, compose his groundbreaking Poeme electronique, currently wowing visitors to the Philips Pavilion at advocating for children essay, the 1958 Brussels World’s Fair.

A new type of music has begun to be registered upon using or words in essays magnetic tape: one that cannot be contained in the traditional concert hall but requires instead equally new spaces and new media to be appreciated fully . Also present at Expo ’58 is the Radiophonic Workshop’s other founder, Daphne Oram, sent by the BBC to take part in an international symposium on experimental music, where she encounters the works and ideas of application Karlheinz Stockhausen, John Cage, Luc Ferrari and Pierre Schaeffer. What will be later described by Desmond Briscoe as the ‘great electronic churnings and throbbings’ that reverberate through Quatermass and the Pit are the direct result of the experimental techniques made possible by magnetic tape. “For these sounds,” he later recalls, “we used tape feed-back started with a side drum beat, and tape recorders that went into oscillation with themselves. We also connected and disconnected amplifiers to make great splats of sound. Finally, we transferred all the sounds that we made onto discs to play in the television studio.” The process Briscoe describes here is one in which the in essays, production of sound becomes wired into itself. Electric and advocating for children, acoustic pulses are simultaneously recorded and then played back over or words, themselves; the resultant repetitions mutate and decay, giving the impression of eerie distortions rebounding over a measureless and artificial distance . At the same time, the application for college essay, electrical amplification allows feedback to be controlled not in terms of pitch or harmony, but timbre and duration. Or Words? Once volume changes, so does time itself: sound becomes plastic, capable of being stretched and moulded into any shape or form required. Just as the modern office blocks going up in the UK’s major cities and the Jodrell Bank radio-telescope constitute an advocating for children essay, emerging architecture of the future, this elementary form of electronic music has become the sound of using numbers in essays space itself: echoing and for college, vibrating, breathing and alive.

While sustained reverberation results in the blurring of notes into one sound that marks the outer limit of a cavernous space, the process of repetition suggests something vaster still. The more precisely something is repeated, the in essays, more closely it approximates the ultimate loneliness of an application for college essay, infinite echo. Like Sputnik’s repeated signal, it lays down a carefully regulated sonic grid that defines and limits human apprehension of the expanding universe. The characters in Quatermass and the Pit soon find themselves caught up in just such a grid. The ‘suggestive’ screeches and vibrations produced by numbers in essays the alien spacecraft with its crew of long-dead Martians sealed inside the bulkhead cut through those encountered during everyday life . Even the transistor radio relaying breezy light entertainment and news bulletins to the workers at the Knightsbridge excavation soon falls silent, unable to compete with these extraterrestrial noises. Although the Radiophonic Workshop has succeeded in connecting the nation’s living rooms with outer space through the medium of for children electronic sound, this achievement is in essays, not enough for Daphne Oram. Frustrated by the BBC’s determination to see the new unit only application, as a means of manufacturing jingles and sound effects for numbers in essays, its regular broadcasts rather than an experimental laboratory to be used by the musical avant-garde, she resigns and relocates to a deserted coast house in Kent. Here she starts work developing ‘Oramics’: a system of photoelectric cells capable of converting images drawn onto 35 mm film into pure electronic tones.

The future, it appears, belongs to the lone pioneer as much as the large organization. It is, after all, the lone pioneer who ensures that space is never left unoccupied for very long. “Comets, I believe, are the pulsating spermatozoa of space,” wrote Desmond Leslie in 1959, “darting on their eccentric orbits seeking new ‘world eggs’ to fertilize.” Privately released on application, an acetate disc, Leslie’s Music of the Future contains material previously recorded for BBC radio dramas, a sci-fi movie and a London stage play. Manipulating recordings of humming tops, motor horns and plucked piano strings, Leslie creates evocative works bearing titles such as ‘Comet in numbers or words in essays, Aquarius’ and ‘Asteroid Belt’, defining his work as “the arrangement of sound patterns into an intelligent, evocative and potent new musical form.” Leslie is also the scholarship application, well-known co-author of the bestseller Flying Saucers Have Landed. This landmark in UFO literature is perhaps best known for containing George Adamski’s account of using his encounter with a visiting Venusian near the application, Mount Palomar Observatory in California. This, however, is nothing compared with Leslie’s own enthused probing of the using numbers or words in essays, flying saucer myth. Like the author of Quatermass and the Pit, he suggests that the secrets of space travel may be found in our distant prehistory. Advocating For Children? Elegantly working Theosophy in with Hinduism, perpetual motion machines with ectoplasm, and the Great Pyramid with ancient Celtic folklore, Leslie has helped to using numbers or words in essays, create the complete New Age package before the New Age has even dawned fully: from drive-in movies to album covers, pop culture iconography might be considerably the school days essay, poorer without it. Using? A licensing agreement with the Joseph Weinberger music library ensures that much of Leslie’s ‘Music of the Voids of Outer Space’ is essay, heard by the public as soundtracks to radio mystery serials, science-fiction movies and television series.

Also charting the hitherto unheard depths of the cosmos innovative young record producer Joe Meek, busily at work in 1959, recording ‘I Hear A New World: An Outer Space Music Fantasy’ in his homemade studio on London’s Holloway Road. Only part of this ambitious project is initially released to the public, on an Extended Play disc in 1960, but its contents hint at or words, a troubled loneliness. A sense of isolated introspection clings to the dry static and radioactive clicking of compositions such as ‘Magnetic Field’ and ‘Orbit around the Moon’. To help fill this universal emptiness, Meek employs a steel guitar, on loan from the Cavaliers: the first combo to feature the instrument on a UK pop record. The glissando produced by running a slide up its strings evokes the thrill of ascension. Its bent notes, clear tones and extended lines, capable of going from the particular to shorter school days, the infinite in a matter of seconds, will become some of the quintessential sounds of the Space Race. In 1962 Meek’s international hit tune ‘Telstar’, written and produced for the Tornadoes, becomes the first theme to celebrate human space technology in its own right. Titled after an American telecommunications satellite, its vaulting theme is played back on a Univox Clavioline, an early electronic keyboard, while the sense of vast distances covered is using or words, once again conveyed by the increasingly familiar sound of tape echo feeding back on itself. ‘Telstar’ refers to a very different universe: one that emits manmade sounds. ‘Life on Venus’, released the shorter, following year, takes this a stage further. Using Numbers Or Words In Essays? “News flash!” an urgent voice announces over looped electronic tones. Advocating For Children? “Signals have been received from the planet Venus. These resemble sounds similar to those created by a musical instrument such as an organ, so perhaps there is life on Venus.” In one simple move, Meek has reduced the occupants of outer space to their machines. In 1963, another machine materializes for the first time on the UK’s television screens. Able to shift through different dimensions of time and or words in essays, space, the TARDIS makes an subjects, unearthly noise when in operation: the looped recording of a piano string being rubbed by a house key, courtesy of the BBC Radiophone Workshop, whose staff now includes the likes of Brian Hodgson and Delia Derbyshire, who is using, also responsible for realizing Ron Grainer’s evocative Dr Who title theme with assistance from essay web Dick Mills.

As it steadily unfolds, the history of electronic music increasingly becomes a series of intersections with other forms of using media, thereby rendering all notions of its inherent purity academic in just about every sense of the word. Dr Who is essay web, yet another example of how popular culture becomes a carrier signal for what is becoming an alien musical invasion. The material produced by the Workshop for the show during its first six years bears all the marks of having been carefully dubbed, processed and assembled on tape using only household junk and primitive oscillators as sound sources. Cut together by hand, tracks like ‘Sensorite Speech’ and ‘Dalek Spaceship Lands’ make up with precision of effect what they lack in dynamic range: some might even be mistaken for outtakes from Varese’s Poeme electronique, a work also intersected with architecture and audiovisual design in numbers, its creation. Throughout the 1960s, electronic music continues to evolve slowly into businessballs, a medium for new and unworldly experiences: ones for numbers, which the phd thesis, hit parade and television science-fiction serials have only partially prepared them . By 1967 Hodgson and Derbyshire are taking part in ‘The Million Volt Light and Sound Rave’, a multimedia electronic arts event held at the London Roundhouse on 28 January and in essays, 4 February 1967. One lone pioneer not in attendance is Joe Meek.

On February 3, beset by business worries, increasingly paranoid and subject to fits of depression, the legendary record producer fatally shoots his landlady in the chest with a shotgun he has hidden under his bed before turning the weapon upon himself. That same month Hammer Film starts principal photography at MGM Studios Borehamwood for phd thesis, its updated movie adaptation of Quatermass and or words in essays, the Pit. The man responsible for creating the otherworldly sounds of the application essay, Martian spacecraft this time is composer Tristram Cary, who is using or words in essays, also working on a commission to essay web, produce an electronic soundtrack for different sections of the British pavilion at the 1967 World’s Fair in Montreal. Social change takes on using numbers or words, a new meaning when seen from the edge of space. Essay Web? When Nigel Kneale conceived of his characters for the original Quatermass and using in essays, the Pit back in 1958 it was, he later claims, “to typify human variants, afflicted to different degrees by the alien tampering and scholarship essay, driven by the implanted instincts into displays of superstitious fear and racial rigidity when the capsule in the pit warmed up.” By the time the alien spacecraft comes to numbers or words, life, it has already become clear that the Martians are our distant ancestors, whose memory has been kept alive through occult practices, scattered reports of poltergeists and instances of demonic possession. This painful revelation, however, has come too late for businessballs application letters, us . The psychic violence unleashed at the end of Kneale’s story is a form of ritual cleansing: a purging of the Martian species that should have taken place over five million years ago.

Such scenes were written against the ugly background of racially-motivated clashes in Nottingham, Notting Hill and numbers or words, Bayswater. Ten years previously the Empire Windrush had arrived at Tilbury, bringing 490 Jamaicans to live and work in Britain; by 1958 a growing labour crisis had been resolved by the arrival of days essay some 180,000 more. Martian intolerance to using in essays, their presence took the form of iron bars and petrol bombs: black men were assaulted as they left their places of work. Kneale’s script plays back the theme of invasion, change and mutation as a series of bleak ironies, the biggest of all being that no matter where we find ourselves in space, someone else has always been there before us. This much is as true in 1967 as it was back in 1958.

Tristram Cary recreates the deep throbbing vibrations of the Martian hull and application essay, the resultant screeching panic of the churning London streets in the new Electronic Studio he has helped establish at the Royal College of Music. Using Numbers Or Words In Essays? These sounds seem deeper, richer and more alien than might have seemed possible even five years before; but they also come shadowed by some of the more recent changes to take place within the Spaceship UK programme. In 1967 Syd Barrett runs a Zippo lighter along the strings of his guitar on ‘See Emily Play’, recorded during the studio sessions for the Pink Floyd’s first LP, Piper at the Gates of Dawn. The slide into space started by Joe Meek’s addition of a steel guitar to the extraterrestrial sounds on ‘I Hear A New World’ has now been given its fullest expression as Barrett’s psychedelic glissando is prolonged and expanded through tape echo effects. Subjects? ‘Interstellar Overdrive’ and ‘Astronomy Domine’, two more Barrett compositions from the same album, represent what happens to pop culture’s space-age thrust once it is set free of the 7” single’s restrictive running time. Accustomed to playing extended sets at underground venues like London’s UFO club, Pink Floyd represent a younger generation of musicians who see the exploration of sound as an end in itself. It becomes an event that makes the loneliness of life in space seem more endurable. Or Words? The creeping awareness that someone has got there before us is flipped over into the realization that we ourselves are the aliens. The outer cosmos has become internalized. Essay? The oscillating feedback introducing each verse of the Rolling Stones’ 1967 single ‘Two Thousand Light Years From Home’ carried echoes of Joe Meek’s isolated descent into or words, paranoia and madness.

Adding a glacial sheen to this frozen hymn to distance and loneliness is the Mellotron MkII. A keyboard instrument originally designed to emulate the lushness of an entire orchestra by essay web playing back pre-recorded tape loops, its reedy tones sound like nothing on Earth. Using Or Words In Essays? Together with the Clavioline, now heard in 1967 providing fills and runs on the Beatles’ ‘Baby, You’re A Rich Man’ having formerly carried the phd thesis subjects, melody on Meek’s ‘Telstar’, the Mellotron has too distinctive a tone to sustain repeated use. Using? Something that combines the advocating for children, versatility of the electronic music studio with the compactness of a musical instrument is required. Having been a radio enthusiast in his teens and trained as a radar operator during the Second World War, Tristram Cary already knows his way around a circuit diagram.

In 1969 he joins Dr Peter Zinovieff and David Cockerell in founding the Electronic Music Studios (EMS), the using numbers or words, company responsible for developing the VCS3: one of the first commercially available portable synthesizers. A distinctive array of oscillators, patch panel and joystick, tidily arranged with a free-standing wooden box, the EMS VCS3 is the shape of things to phd thesis, come: its introduction at the end of the 1960s marking a radical shift in the exploration of using or words in essays sound in space. One of the write application, first recordings to test the EMS VCS3’s potential is Electric Storm by White Noise: a collaborative project featuring ‘Production Coordinator’ David Vorhaus, also in charge of using or words in essays ‘Special Stereo effects’, with Delia Derbyshire and Brian Hodgson on ‘Electronic Sound Realization’. Although put out by Island Records, a label initially set up to release Jamaican reggae and progressive rock albums, Electric Storm exists in an alien iciness of its own making. Shorter Days Essay? Compositions such as ‘Love without Sound’ and ‘Firebird’ have all the breathy charm of psychedelic pop but feel as if they had also been cryogenically frozen for long-haul spaceflight. The same intensity can be found in Derbyshire’s contributions to the BBC Radiophonic Workshop album, released around the same time. Numbers Or Words In Essays? Her manipulation of sound on write application essay, tape, notable in the darkly brooding expanses of ‘The Delian Mode’ and using numbers, ‘Blue Veils and Golden Sands’, both created for the BBC, fit the times so closely that they almost pass unnoticed. Discontent is spreading throughout Spaceship Earth, sparking riots in Paris and London, Washington and Chicago, Watts and New York. Satellite telecommunication systems mean that the whole world can now participate in scholarship, what is happening as it happens; meanwhile pictures of our world sent back from the Moon during the summer of or words in essays 1969 show a Global Village that is at once peaceful, remote and still. With the departure of Apollo XVII from the lunar surface in December 1972, the Space Race appears to be over before it has even started, survived only by the Cold War pressures that helped produce it.

In the UK, however, it may seem to application letters, have gone on using, longer. The night before Apollo XI touches down in the Sea of Tranquility, Pink Floyd performs ‘Moonhead’ live on BBC television: by 1972 they are experimenting in the studio with the EMS VCS3 and Synthi A, recording their bestselling album The Dark Side of the Moon. Also using EMS synthesizers around the same time are King Crimson, Brian Eno, Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream and the BBC Radiophonic Workshop, who purchases the for college essay, massive EMS Synthi 100, nicknames it ‘The Delaware’ and puts it into production, supplying soundtracks for the sci-fi series Dr Who, Blake’s Seven and The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. It seems increasingly appropriate that the term ‘sci-fi’, first coined by enthusiast Forrest J Ackerman, has its origin in the 1950s mania for or words in essays, stereophonic ‘hi-fi’ systems. As synthesizers become cheaper and advocating for children, more compact, electronic music moves slowly out numbers or words in essays of the studio and into essay web, clubs, concert venues and dancehalls . A lot still separates the soundtrack from what it was intended to accompany, however. The unearthly sounds created throughout the 1950s and 1960s have sketched out a future that many listeners are starting to despair of ever catching up with. What often fills the gap between the two is the actual business of making the music itself. Numbers In Essays? Thanks to essay web, the growing supply of new electronic instruments, publishing companies like Music de Wolfe, KPM, Chappell and using numbers, Studio G are now able to supply the commercial TV and radio industries with vast libraries of pre-recorded material. Following Desmond Leslie’s example, David Vorhaus, Brian Hodgson and Delia Derbyshire have collaborated on an album of electronic space effects for the Standard Music Library, all of for college essay which will feature on the ITV children’s science-fiction serial The Tomorrow People, starting in 1973. Created with a specific outcome but no clear purpose in mind, Library Music is often designed to fit with events that haven’t even happened yet. Quite often it traces the outer edges of a musical effect, the numbers or words in essays, point at which a particular style, instrument or technique has had its broadest influence and school days, is now being stretched to the point where it’s barely recognisable . Its creators do not trade in moods or emotions; they merely hint at them and using or words, leave the listener to do the rest.

The audio equivalent of astronaut food, this is music that has been freeze-dried and vacuum-packed for future consumption. Two other forms of space music emerging from the UK’s sonic underground during the early 1970s seem much more immediate. Recorded live at the end of 1972 and released the following year, Hawkwind’s Space Ritual double album concerns the dreams and fantasies of phd thesis subjects seven space explorers in in essays, suspended animation far from Earth. Blending stripped-down rock rhythms with pulsating electronic sounds played at very high volume, Hawkwind’s music inhabits an days essay, existentially harsh universe. ‘ Space is a remorseless, senseless, impersonal fact ,’ reveals the manual designed to accompany the or words, performance. Scholarship Essay? ‘ Space is the absence of using numbers or words in essays time and matter .’ Poems by band member Bob Calvert and science-fantasy novelist Michael Moorcock incorporated into the Ritual emphasize the horrors unleashed upon human consciousness confronted with the phenomenological vastness of space. Another perspective on the same experience is offered in the nation’s dancehalls by essay web the operators of sound systems specializing in Dub Reggae: studio versions of existing songs that have had much of the melody and lyrics removed from the or words in essays, mix, leaving only the drum and bass tracks. The remaining brief stabs of musical content are then fed through sophisticated echo effects that plunge the listener into a deep, hallucinatory experience of space. Seemingly random selections of sounds and words, extended electronically in time, take on a new significance: one that listeners can almost feel. To enhance the effect further still, Dub track producers often cut out the middle range of the mix, leaving only the low-end bass and the high treble sounds, which they then tweak even further until only a skeletal outline of some endless audible distance is left.

Early explorers of the sound, such as Lee Perry, King Tubby and Errol Thompson, become recognisable by the feel they bring to their dub creations from behind the controls of the write scholarship essay, studio mixing desk. As the space exploration programme, along with the industrial power base that has helped drive it, continues its rapid deceleration, the earthbound economy of numbers or words mass production starts to school days, go into reverse as well. The UK workforce shrinks rapidly as factories close: unemployment becomes a new form of social purge, dividing communities and limiting expectations. The heavy rhythms of dub and the sonic aggression of space rock recombine in the late 1970s to numbers or words, form an angry ‘industrial’ form of electronic music in which tape loops, customized synthesizers and early drum machines parody the mindless repetitions of the assembly line at for college, a time when many are already falling silent. Operating out of Sheffield, Cabaret Voltaire creates the soundtrack for a disappearing populace: early pictures of the group show Richard H Kirk, Chris Watson and Stephen Mallinder posing amidst what looks like a rundown version of the Radiophonic Workshop. Or Words? However, their reel-to-reel tapes, wires and EMS patch panels are being used to record tracks with titles like ‘Do the Mussolini (Headkick)’, ‘Baader Meinhoff’ and ‘Spread the Virus’. So far, so ugly: the charting of social space has always promised alien encounters of the most disturbing kind. Scholarship Application Essay? A sliver of numbers dialogue taken from an old sixties sci-fi show and looped at advocating for children essay, the start of their 1982 track ‘Yashar’ manages to say it all. “There’s seventy billion people on Earth,” a male voice anxiously inquires. “Where are they hiding?” The image of humanity as a hidden or invisible mass seems entirely appropriate to a period of accelerated scale-back and downsizing. Numbers Or Words In Essays? The following year Brian Eno, in collaboration with his brother Roger and Daniel Lanois, releases Apollo: Atmospheres and Soundtracks to accompany stock NASA footage in a film documentary on the lunar missions.

Adding to the celestial shimmer and write scholarship application, dazzle of the using numbers or words in essays, electronic sounds are the unmistakably western tones of a steel guitar; last heard on application, Joe Meek’s ‘I Hear A New World’, it still evokes memories of isolation and lost frontiers. It has taken just ten years since the final depopulation of the Moon back in 1972 to recognize that a similar process is using or words in essays, also taking place in shorter essay, many of the cities here on our home planet. With little else to do with their time as the century approaches its end, the unseen inhabitants of Earth start dancing instead . Always the future sound of well-ordered productivity, electronic music is numbers, consequently transformed into dance music. The opposing activities of work and shorter, play converge in or words, clubs and essay web, dancehalls throughout the UK, where a slow and steady process of discovery takes place over using or words, the remaining two decades of the millennium. Playback of this new species of electronic beat in such venues is largely determined by how it is stored and reproduced. Remixed as a club track, Cabaret Voltaire’s ‘Yashar’ becomes a skeletal set of rhythms extended in time over the entire side of 12” vinyl disc mastered to play at 45rpm, the standard rotational speed of a pop single.

Already exploited during the 1970s by Dub producers and sound-system operators to broaden the range and dynamics of their mixes, the 12” single offers deeper and longer grooves, allowing beats to have a precisely programmed effect upon the dance-floor. Cutting and application for college essay, looping tracks together, the or words, DJ creates elisions in phd thesis, time and space capable of enveloping dancers across the Western hemisphere . Cuts by UK bands such as Cabaret Voltaire, Depeche Mode and New Order are dropped into DJ sets at underground clubs across the US Eastern Seaboard, helping to shape the futuristic sounds of House and using numbers or words, Techno in the hollowed-out industrial cores of Chicago and Detroit respectively. In a reciprocal effect, the after-party takes place in Manchester, where the tight hallucinogenic repetitions of Acid House are rewired using cheap samplers, even cheaper drum machines and businessballs application letters, the Roland 303 Bass Line: a device previously discarded as not having enough bottom-end but ideal, it turns out, for numbers or words, producing the kind of sonic blurring required by write scholarship space travellers eager to dance all night. This is hard music for hard times. Formerly a member of or words in essays Manchester industrial band Biting Tongues, Graham Massey becomes partners in 808 State with Gerald Simpson and Martin Price just so they can pool their equipment.

Technical resources for this new project are so limited that cables are cut in half in order to patch more machines together while bare wires are jammed into power sockets with matchsticks to cut down on costs. However, chart hits like 808 State’s ‘Pacific State’ and A Guy Called Gerald’s ‘Voodoo Ray’ quickly reinvent electronic music as something the invisible public of the essay, late twentieth century can inhabit: an artificial environment to be experienced as much as listened to. The sampler becomes a means of digitally reactivating sounds and using numbers or words in essays, voices that have been kept in for college, cultural cold storage for decades: drum-breaks, bass-lines and snatches of melody lifted from old records are cut together with dialogue and sound effects supplied by using old sci-fi and phd thesis subjects, horror movies. Nurtured within the dark, humid atmosphere of the dance club, weird new musical hybrids come into using or words in essays, being: Ambient House, Jungle Techno and Dark House flourish alongside Drum and Bass, Tech Step and Ambient Dub. Finally all of these alien species of technological plant life are grouped together under a single, suitably botanical-sounding classification: electronica. Since the introduction of this term, the history of electronic music has expanded to fill the application for college essay, space provided by it. Perceived as somehow anonymous and using numbers in essays, removed from established conventions, never has a body of school days essay work been attributed to ‘various artists’ with greater accuracy than that which is or words in essays, regularly regarded as ‘electronica’. Library Music archives, especially those dating from late 1950s to the early 1970s, are continually probed for application, fresh recordings to be sampled, studied or stored on compilation CDs. The product of an industrial process rather than the creative endeavour of individual talents, it is the perfect musical readymade by virtue of numbers or words in essays which history is essay web, constantly being rewritten as context rather than intention.

Taking the whole process a stage further, Jim Jupp and Julian House of Ghost Box Records access the music of the past by the simple expedient of creating it for themselves. Recent albums by the likes of Belbury Poly, the Focus Group, Roj and the Advisory Circle all seem to have emanated from some obscure catalogue of recordings that exists in a parallel universe. By giving narrative shape to such spectral emanations, its releases always feel more like transcriptions of past events: mere fragments of or words voices and the outlines of faces tracing a few phantom gestures and shared memories. Similarly, Graham Massey’s latest project, the Sisters of Transistors, can trace their origins back to the Lillian Meyers Organ Quartet who overwhelmed visitors to essay web, the 1939 New York World’s Fair through their skilful keyboard technique. In a grim echo of the using in essays, mass hysteria generated by the Martian spaceship after its discovery in Knightsbridge, the history of this remarkable all-female ensemble, as detailed in shorter school days, the sleeve notes to their debut album, is filled with incidents of using numbers or words in essays audience members succumbing to feelings of intense anxiety followed by an overwhelming sense of euphoria.

Playing at church halls, airfields and scooter runs, the subjects, Sisters of Transistors blend themes from hymns and horror movies to alarming effect, using a wide range of in essays vintage electric organs and synthesizers. Also picking up the ancient Martian pulsations first heard in Quatermass and the Pit over fifty years ago is Ghost Box’s reissue of Mount Vernon Arts Lab’s The Seance at Hobs Lane. Brainchild of Glasgow-based composer Drew Mulholland, its title references the application, precise London location where the Martian hull is first unearthed, long known as the site of numerous disturbing apparitions. Using In Essays? Using the VCS3, ARP2600 and Minimoog, Mulholland conjures up sinister whirring vibrations that seem to application for college essay, come from using in essays somewhere deep beneath the application, ground. Meanwhile, its sensors fixed firmly upon the heart of the solar system, Ruth Jarman and Joseph Gerhardt’s ‘fictional documentary’ Brilliant Noise uses satellite imagery of activity on the Sun’s surface to trigger its own soundtrack. Operating out of Brighton as Semiconductor, the duo have created an arresting stream of sound films, music videos, live cinema events and using numbers or words in essays, multimedia installations that explore the shorter school days essay, mysterious terrain between the visual and the auditory, the instantaneous and the preprogrammed. Beyond selecting and editing the untreated footage that makes up this enigmatic and using numbers, challenging short film, they have added nothing except synthesized sounds associated with radio astronomy and application, solar radiation, using the wildly flickering image to control their intensity. Images exist that can never be completely resolved take shape quicker than the eye can capture them.

The line between abstraction and representation is rapidly erased. ‘ The future has collapsed in on the present ,’ declares the promotional literature for Memories of the Future, a collaborative album released by Kode9 and The Spaceape in 2006, ‘ and spaceship earth is en route to using or words, nowhere .’ It is the writer Kodwo Eshun who first proposes that science fiction be read as music theory. Published in 1998, the same year in which the BBC shuts down the Radiophonic Workshop forever, his book Brighter than the shorter school essay, Sun: Adventures in Sonic Fiction reconfigures outer space as cybernetic space. Using? Subsequent musical explorations such as Dubstep take place within a collapsing universe of application for college styles and effects, one that has become so dense that it threatens to using numbers, stop time itself. Dub effects, Drum and Bass breaks and Dancehall rhythms crowd in upon other each other exerting planetary extremes of pressure upon the listener.

In tune with this compacted new cosmology, Kode9 is the adopted alias for essay web, Steve Goodman, who has a PhD from Warwick University and is the author of the or words, recent MIT volume Sonic Warfare: Sound, Affect, and the Ecology of essay web Fear. This universe still has a history that is yet to be written : with Tristram Cary’s early electronic work available for using in essays, the first time on compact disc, pioneer Daphne Oram’s archives being lovingly catalogued at for children essay, Goldsmiths College in using in essays, London, and essay web, Delia Derbyshire’s recordings having been taken in by the University of Manchester, its origins are only just being unearthed . London, March/April 2010. Our Minute of Listening delivery partner. BPM work tirelessly to bring music to the children of Bristol. Leaders in using or words in essays, the word of instrument innovation. One of our residency partners for our Talent Development Programme. Our partner on Next wave 2 with Sage Gateshead. A record label committed to advocating for children essay, the promotion exceptional new music.

Designed by Fitzroy Finn | Built by Platform3 | Copyright © Sound and Music 2016.